FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kansas City, MO – The Latinx Education Collaborative (LEC) is pleased to announce the addition of four new members to its board of directors. New board members include:
- Cecilia Belser-Patton, Founder and Culture Curator, JUST Systems, Kansas City, MO
- Stephen Linkous, Chief of Staff, Kansas City Kansas Public Schools, Kansas City, KS
- Kelly Ocasio, Ph. D., Senior Consultant, 2Revolutions, Austin, TX
- Robert Simmons III, Ed. D., Executive Director, Urban Teachers – Black Educators Initiative, Washington D.C.
The new board members join a community of educational leaders dedicated to increase the representation of Latinx education professionals in K-12:
- Selina Rios, Board Chair, Learning & Evaluation Director, City Year Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
- Irene Caudillo, Board Treasurer, President & CEO, El Centro, Inc., Kansas City, KS
- Allyson Hile, Director of Language Services and Cultural Equity, Kansas City Public Schools, Kansas City, MO
- Trinity Davis, Founder, Teachers Like Me, Ph. D., Kansas City, MO
- Tom Vander Ark, CEO, Getting Smart, Federal Way, WA
- Patrice Fenton, Ph. D. CEO, Fenton Collective, Atlanta, GA
- Don Wratchford, Senior Vice President, Bank of America Private Bank, Kansas City, MO
- Debra Jenkins, Vice President of Marketing, Resorts World Bimini, Miami, FL
- Roberto Diaz, Lead PreK Instructional Coach, Operation Breakthrough, Kansas City, MO
“The LEC is fortunate to attract top leaders in education and business to serve on its board of directors,” states
Edgar José Palacios, President & CEO. “Their leadership and oversight will ensure that the LEC achieves its mission of increasing the representation of Latinx education professionals in K-12.”
Latinx Education Collaborative
The Latinx Education Collaborative (LEC) is a non-profit, 501 (c) 3 organization based in Kansas City, MO. The LECworks on increasing the representation of Latinx education professionals in K-12 through its three strategic objectives: retention, pathway exposure, and recruitment support.
Copyright © 2020 Latinx Education Collaborative All Rights Reserved.