The HDF Programs Team has created the attached Family College Prep resources to share with students, families, educators, and the larger community to ensure our community has access to high quality college prep materials and the tools they need to reach their post-secondary goals. These bilingual tools are critical due to the learning disruptions caused by COVID-19.
These resources are a cornerstone of the new HDF Family College Prep Program (FCPP). The FCPP was designed and developed to build upon the success of the HDF Scholarship Program with the objective to close the 17-point college degree attainment gap that exists for Kansas City Hispanic adults. In partnership with high schools on both sides of the state line, along with local college partners, the FCPP serves Hispanic and ALL students and families attending our partner high schools by providing high quality ACT Test Prep, one-on-one college advising, family college prep events, scholarship workshops, and family college campus tours.
HDF is incredibly grateful to the H&R Block Foundation and our 12 FCPP college partners (listed on page 28 of the Playbook) for their support in making this program possible. For additional information on the FCPP, email email@example.com.
We encourage you to share the attached FCPP resources with any students, families, or educators who might benefit from these tools. Additionally, please reach out to the HDF Programs Team with any college-related questions. Please direct questions in Spanish to Alejandra Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-589-0442. For questions in English, students and families can reach out to Alejandra or myself. These resources can also be downloaded directly at https://hdfkc.org/resources.
- Bilingual, all-in-one resource that is designed to help Kansas City Hispanic students and families maximize their financial aid opportunities, successfully navigate the college-going process, and ultimately identify and attend the “right fit” college.
- The Playbook is designed to be used as an online resource, as it contains live links to FAFSA, private scholarship opportunities, and college scholarship pages.
- English and Spanish Financial Aid Presentation that walks students and families through the financial aid process.
- English and Spanish Financial Aid Worksheet to be used to analyze college financial aid awards.
- HDF recommended colleges, universities, and scholarship organizations who provide the best financial aid opportunities and support for DACA & Undocumented students.