The mission of CWC Kansas City is to provide an excellent public education focused on developing and demonstrating understanding while building connections within a diverse community.
Please apply online through the TalentEd Application Portal on our website at www.cwckansascity.org/employment.
Applications will be accepted until January 19, 2021, then on a rolling basis after that date. Questions can be directed to CWC Kansas City Executive Director Jon Hile by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of School Leadership is the primary academic leader for our schools, responsible for providing executive and administrative leadership to the academic leadership team and a dedicated, talented team of teachers ranging from K-8th grade. This person will be a visionary instructional leader who will create an engaging, joyful, academically rigorous learning
environment built on CWC’s Learning model. The Director of School Leadership, working with the Executive Director, will continue to build an impactful academic leadership team and culture that drives student performance to meet charter goals. This position is accountable for
building a strong team and maintaining an exceptional school culture. This culture will challenge and motivate students, teachers, and families to achieve academic excellence, develop as people, embrace the rich diversity of the school community, and positively impact the communities in which they live.
The primary expectations of this position are as follows:
- Owning continued implementation of CWC Kansas City’s academic vision across all grade levels and content areas. This includes evaluation and adjustment of curriculum, model-aligned instruction, and academic staffing structure as required.
- Driving academic success with a focus on growth and achievement for every student at CWC Kansas City and focused, consistent effort to reduce gaps in performance that exist among any identifiable student groups.
- Implementing top-level data analysis systems and professional development operations to ensure CWC Kansas City utilizes evidence-based instructional strategies.
- Supporting CWC Kansas City’s Student Support philosophy to eliminate exclusionary discipline and install a trauma-informed, restorative philosophy to support student behavior needs.
- Working alongside school leadership to promote and uphold anti-racist policies in the CWC Kansas City school community.