The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a Strategic Engagement Specialist to support our external engagement portfolio of work within Diversity and Inclusion. This position reports directly to the Diversity, Inclusion and Strategic Engagement Manager. The Strategic Engagement Specialist is a hybrid role with project management responsibilities across multiple programs and functions, helping to advance relationships with key stakeholders, external organizations, bankers, and community and business leaders. The person must be able to develop and complete a variety of complex projects and work with minimal guidance.
Working closely with the Diversity and Inclusion team, this position will support critical components of strategy for engaging with external audiences and stakeholders. The position will :
- Coordinate and cultivate mutually beneficial strategic partnerships.
- Engage with external audiences and stakeholders through developing diverse banker programs and engagement opportunities for other key stakeholders.
- Support of external newsletter, database organization and management and content contribution.
- Provide administrative and project management support to projects.
- Develops strong internal partnerships within the Bank to develop and execute programs.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision and completion of special projects as appropriate.
- Oversees and coordinates strategic outreach initiatives throughout the District
- Partners with appropriate internal and external organizations to plan and host place-based programs for strategic stakeholders
- Disseminates relevant Bank research, resources and publications to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely and coordinated manner
- Represents the Bank at appropriate events
- Authors or co-authors articles and resource materials
- Conducts annual review of the programs offered by state and national banking associations to identify potential gaps
- Maintains database of strategic stakeholders
- Track, analyze and report metrics on a quarterly basis
Supports the Management with:
- Board and advisory council recruitment
- External relationship building
- Onsite and offsite event coordination
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience. An educational background in economics, regional analysis, urban or community planning, finance, public policy or closely related field
- One year of related work experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication; presentation; interpersonal; and project management skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Internet, e-mail, and applicable business applications
- In addition to the above, the following are preferred:
- Experience in banking and finance industry with community relations and marketing background.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact with high-level stakeholders with tact diplomacy and poise
- Ability to work with minimal management, find solutions be productive independently
- Promote quality through continuous performance improvement
- The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion
- Event planning experience
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel – Kansas City Fed.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Bank recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and/or sexual orientation.