Job Description: Vice Principal
Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K-12. Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are part of the Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by the University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
Summary: The Vice Principal must be a committed educational leader responsible for using leadership, supervisory and administrative skills to assist the principal in promoting the educational development of each
student. The ideal candidate has a passion for working with children from diverse backgrounds in an urban setting, and is bilingual (speak/understand both Spanish and English) and bicultural.
Reports To: Building Principal
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned
- Assist the school principal in providing effective leadership to school staff and students in all areas of the school’s program and responsibilities.
- Provide leadership in fostering a positive and safe student-centered school climate.
- Use data-driven decision making to improve school and student outcomes.
- Utilize shared decision-making processes to determine and accomplish the building’s mission and goals.
- Possess excellent skills in written and verbal communication and communicate effectively with students, parents, colleagues and community members.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of the district curriculum
- Provide professional development opportunities for staff in the effective delivery of the district’s curriculum.
- Supervise and evaluate school personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall objectives of the school’s curriculum.
- Implement policies, procedures and/or processes for the purpose of providing direction and/or complying with mandated requirements.
- Assist in the design and implementation of programs to meet the specific needs of students within the school.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Maintain high standards of student conduct and enforce discipline as necessary with the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Plan and supervise the school’s emergency plan and respond to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns
- Serve as a positive role model for the purpose of demonstrating professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, colleagues and community members.
- Assume administrative responsibilities of the school in the principal’s absence.
- Perform various other duties as assigned for the purpose of serving students and staff needs and ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the school.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education from four-year college or university
- Master’s Degree in Secondary Administration
- 5+ years of certified teaching experience
- Administrative experience preferred but not mandatory
- A valid Missouri Administration Certificate or ability to obtain
- Able to pass extensive background check and drug screening
- Bilingual (ability to speak and understand Spanish) and Bicultural Candidate Preferred.
Application Process: PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.GUADALUPECENTERS.ORG UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES (CLICK ON WORK FOR US-GES). PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS/RESUME/MISSOURI CERTIFICATIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION
Guadalupe Centers, Inc. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities’ individuals with disabilities and
veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.