KANSAS CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Job Title: Admissions Recruiter
Job Title Code: 01817
Salary Grade: S614 $49,368-$77,010
Reports To: Director of Admissions
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: July 23, 2018
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Admissions Recruiter works collaboratively with the Director of Admissions to cultivate relationships with KCPS schools and the external community. The primary role for this person is to create a pipeline of KCPS students and create access and awareness for KCPS schools and education programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Establish community network of stakeholders including Church Leaders, Civic Group Leaders, Government Officials, Local Business Owners, Institutional Leaders, students and parents.
- Track enrollment goals of the various KCPS Schools against student pipeline, and ensure a pipeline system is in place at all grade levels/classes – for all schools at all times.
- Attend community events to show support and involvement of KCPS
- Attend community events to build strong relationships with current and future KCPS families and students.
- Recruit parents and families to tour KCPS schools for the purpose of enrolling.
- Attract people to see KCPS schools, build relationships, and understand how to meet their needs while serving our schools.
- Collaborate with KCPS schools to ensure an engaging and welcoming visitor experience.
- Collaborate with Communications and PR department for the production of advertising and promotional materials.
- Help with Social Medial Campaign (Twitter or Facebook Account) – regarding content and message, with regular updates.
- Manage and train a team of volunteer school ambassadors.
- Other duties as be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years’ sales and/or promotions experience.
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in various customer service/sales positions. Customer Service training is a plus factor.
- Excellent human interaction skills and above average grammar and articulation.
- Applied knowledge of customer service techniques and protocols is necessary. Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Suite proficiency.
- Good organization skills around tracking and note taking of communication with external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop productive working relationships.
- Effective communication skills through speaking, presentations, social media and writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires that the employee be able to: sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, fingers, reach with hands and fingers; bend, stoop, lift objects of at least ten pounds. Job requires the employee occasionally to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Visual ability requires mono and color vision, close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Length of work year: 12 months
Health and Dental Insurance are provided.
KCPS Defined Benefit Pension plan – mandatory 9% contribution is required from employee and matched by KCPS; Voluntary retirement savings plans are also available.