Parents as Teachers Provider Educator
Kansas City Area Parents as Teacher Consortium Program Director
Purpose and Objective of the Position
Kansas City Area Parents as Teachers Consortium (PAT Consortium) is seeking a highly qualified individual to provide Parents as Teachers Supporting Care Provider services in Kansas City KS, Turner and Olathe School Districts. This position will provide Supporting Care Provider personal visits to child care providers; assist in the instruction of the Developing Your Child Care Business Classes; assist in the child care licensing classes and home preparation for licensing
The Provider Educator will increase child care providers’ knowledge of early childhood development and improve child care practices; enhance child care providers skills to provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues in the children in care; strategies to prevent child abuse and neglect; and increase children’s school readiness and school success. The Provider Educator will also help increase the providers knowledge of child care licensing laws in Kansas and how to run a child care business.
We are looking for a person who speaks, reads and writes Spanish and English with strong interpersonal skills, community knowledge, child care background and home visiting background. This position would require traveling between the Kansas City, Turner and Olathe School Districts.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood; additional adult education or related field of study
• Experience in a child care home or center based early childhood care and education.
• Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills
• Bilingual – speaks, reads and writes Spanish and English
• Valid driver’s license and car insurance
• Experience in pregnant women, infant, and toddler health education
• Experience in Parents as Teachers or other Home Visiting Program.
• Ability to work well within a team structure and meet deadlines
Duties and responsibilities
• Attend training on required curricula: Supporting Care Providers through Personal Visits: Developing Your Child Care Business Classes, Ages and Stages Questionnaire; Ages and Stages Questionnaire: Social/Emotional; SPOT vision screener; OAE hearing screener; and CPR and First Aid.
• Follow PAT and Supporting Care Provider requirements and guidelines
• Follow child care licensing, state and local child care codes
• Collaborate and support Consortium Program Director and Supporting Care Provider staff on all trainings, programming, and grant requirements.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with the Consortium Program Director, Consortium Coordinators/Supervisors and Provider Educator staff.
• Provide information for grant reporting to the Consortium Program Director as needed.
• Assist in maintaining program records at the direction of the Program Director: classes/trainings attendance; class/trainings evaluations; enrollment package for the Business students; all other records as needed.
• Carry a caseload of at least 30 providers and maintain provider files with the required forms.
• Conduct personal visits and other SCPV activities on weekdays, evenings and Saturdays.
• Participate in at least 2 hours of reflective supervision monthly and at least 2 hours of staff meetings monthly
• Engage in recruitment activities and provide outreach to providers residing in the Consortium School Districts
• Advocate for the providers, families, program, and staff.
• Support the value of education
• Support the philosophy and mission of the Kansas City Area PAT Consortium
• Support the philosophy and mission of Parents as Teachers.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Physical requirements/Working conditions
• Requires prolonged sitting or standing
• Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials
• Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning and reaching
• Requires climbing and balancing
• Requires speaking to groups and individuals.
• Program Director
Employee shall meet all the pre-employment and yearly requirements as specified in the Policies of the Kansas City Area PAT Consortium
Term of Employment
At will employee
This position is for 30 hours per week for 48 weeks per year for a total of 1440 hours per year
The District where the Provider Educator is housed will conduct their required employee evaluation. The Board of Directors may develop an evaluation for the Provider Educator.