Human Resources Intern in Kansas City, Missouri
Job Administrative Intern
Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
A Human Resources (HR) Intern will assist with various Human Resources initiatives and projects. This position will provide administrative and technical support, assistance in research and information gathering supporting the HR strategy.
· Assist with tasks to support the HR function that may include filing, scanning, data entry, Power Point presentations, organizing and maintaining filing system.
· Assist with the Benefits, Training, Recruiting, HRIS, Sourcing and Employee Relations functions.
· Participate in continuous process improvement efforts by collecting and analyzing data.
· Perform administrative activities including system administration, data entry, document uploads, scheduling meetings and employee communications.
· Assist with the integration of multiple source data sets and utilize tools to support HR initiatives.
· Research and respond to questions, both internal and external.
· Assist with responses to general questions or direct inquiries to appropriate HR staff or information source from the reception desk.
· Assist with support of company events and activities, including company picnic and various ticket sales.
· Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Pursuit of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications or other related degrees, with at least two years post-secondary education.
· Must be currently enrolled in good standing. Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
· Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
· Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Demonstrated leadership skills.
· Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship, in the country where this position is located, for the duration of the internship.