Job Description: High School Principal – 2020-21 School Year
Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K-12. Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are part of the Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by the University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
Summary: The School Principal will direct, manage and facilitate instructional programs and supervise operations and personnel at the campus level. Provide leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service to achieve District objectives and Board of Education goals. Oversee compliance with District policies and State/ Federal rules and regulations, success of instructional programs and operation of all campus activities.
Reports To: Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent of Schools
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide leadership in the development of the Integrated Campus Action Plan, following District guidelines.
- Provide instructional resources and materials to support teaching staff in accomplishing instructional goals.
- Foster collegiality and team building among all staff members. Encourage their active involvement in the decision making process.
- Provide for two-way communication with the Superintendent, staff, students, parents and community.
- Ensure the effective and quick resolution of conflicts
- Build a common vision for school improvement with staff. Direct planning activities and put programs in place with staff to ensure attainment of school’s mission.
- Identify, analyze and apply research findings to promote school improvement.
- Recommend, select and orient new staff. Approve all personnel assigned to campus.
- Define expectations for staff performance with regards to instructional strategies, classroom management and communication with the public.
- Observe employee performance, record observations and conduct evaluation conferences with staff.
- Facilitate the positive relationships needed to ensure student success with parents, guardians and community members.
- Make recommendations to the Superintendent on termination, suspension or non-renewal of employees assigned to the campus.
- Develop campus budgets based on documented program needs, estimated enrollment, personnel and other fiscal needs. Keep programs within budget limits.
- Compile, maintain and file all physical and computerized reports, records and other documents required, including accurate and timely reports of maximum attendance.
- Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate
Guadalupe Centers, Inc. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal
employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities’ individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.
- A permanent or professional Missouri Teacher Certification; a minimum of two (2) years teaching experience approved by DESE.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish – Preferred
- Successful completion of the building-level administrator’s assessment designated by the State Board of Education.
- Building Level Experience – Preferred.
- Completion of a course in Psychology and Education of the Exceptional Child.
- Completion of a master’s degree in educational leadership from a college/ university meeting approval of DESE.
- Pass Criminal Background Check