OMNI is honored to be retained by Youth Guidance in their search for an Executive Director. This outstanding opportunity is available due to the exciting expansion of Youth Guidance programs into the Kansas City
market. Youth Guidance is seeking a dynamic and passionate leader to spearhead the expansion of Becoming a Man (BAM) and Working on Womanhood (WOW) to bring programmatic success to the academic and life outcomes of young men and women in the Hickman Mills School District.
Originating in Chicago, Youth Guidance creates and implements school-based programs that enable children to overcome obstacles, focus on their education, and ultimately, to succeed in school and life. The
organization is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs and capacity building initiatives, directly serving more than 13,000 youth.
BAM & WOW are school based counseling and mentoring programs that guide young men and women in 7th
12th grades to learn, internalize and practice social cognitive skills, make responsible decisions for their future, and become positive members of their school and community.
As leader and spokesperson for BAM and WOW in Kansas City, the Executive Director will facilitate the launch of programming by raising funds, building brand awareness, hiring team members, and guiding a
strategic vision to ensure long term sustainability in the region. Initially serving two schools in the Hickman Mills School District 20-21’s school year and expanding to serve 16 schools and over 1,600 youth by the 25-26
school year, this is an exciting opportunity to thoughtfully scale a program at the forefront of innovative youth development work.
• Recruit, manage and professionally develop the staff, initially consisting of the Program Supervisor and two BAM and two WOW Counselors.
• Collaborate with the Program Supervisor and Youth Guidance National staff to ensure the effective implementation of programming across Kansas City Public School sites, including program planning, training, implementation, and evaluation.
• Serve as the external spokesperson for Youth Guidance with key partners in local school districts, corporations, nonprofits, philanthropic organizations and the media to increase visibility and brand
awareness of the BAM and WOW programs.
• Proactively develop and execute strategies to increase organizational brand awareness and visibility, relentlessly pursuing partnerships that highlight the work of the organization and develop a wider
community presence among funders, community members, and elected officials.
• Lead all Kansas City-based fundraising activities, leveraging detailed fundraising plans to secure gifts across a wide array of revenue streams including individual donors, corporate partners, foundations,
and state and federal competitive programs.
• Recruit, manage, and support Advisory Council members in enhancing local fundraising efforts and building connections that advance programmatic goals.
• Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with existing and prospective investors, deploying robust prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship action steps to expand the individual funding base.
• Refine and lead process to build annual and multi-year development plans aligned to our strategic growth goals.
• Develop the annual budget in alignment with national strategic plans and programmatic priorities.
• 8-10 years of progressive leadership experience, with a successful track record managing a diversity of strategic relationships to impact organizational growth.
• 5-7 years of progressive staff management experience including prior exposure to recruiting and developing high performing teams during times of growth in a manner that cultivates and sustains a strong team-oriented culture, with an emphasis on accountability and empowerment.
• Passion for, and commitment to, BAM and WOW Core Values, alongside demonstrated success enhancing mental health and educational access and/or youth development initiatives.
• Proven ability to engage and develop local champions focused on resource development.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and initiate diversity, equity and inclusion frameworks that address the needs of youth.
• Knowledge of program evaluation and performance measurement tools alongside a track record of proven success advancing projects and initiatives that feature a multitude of stakeholders.
• Comfort making decisions independently, combined with an ability to work collaboratively.
• Experience designing and implementing strategic fundraising plans that incorporate robust individual giving programs; knowledge of Kansas City philanthropic, political, and educational landscapes strongly preferred.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, demonstrating an ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling to a diversity of external audiences.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred. Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed leadership style.
We appreciate your suggestions or referrals to professionals who may have an interest in this outstanding opportunity. Formal interest accepted through the OMNI Executive Career Portal. Please direct all inquiries
to: OMNI Human Resource Management, Michelle Anderson, Senior Search Consultant, 913.653.8067
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer
W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.