LEANLAB envisions a world where all children have access to effective and excellent educational solutions and are well-equipped for the future. To realize this vision, the following is necessary:
- The invention of visionary, new solutions for public education.
- Deep and productive partnerships with school communities—students, educators and administrators.
- A process that elevates community voices in the co-creation of new solutions and the measurement of their effectiveness.
LEANLAB Education believes the attainment of educational outcomes for all students will be accelerated when those most impacted by education issues—parents, students, and educators—become active participants in the design and innovation process, working hand-in-hand with entrepreneurs and researchers to identify, influence, and launch breakthrough educational innovations in the form of technologies and services.
Our mission is to launch breakthrough education solutions while building a dynamic, community infrastructure required to support the scale of effective innovations. To realize this mission, LEANLAB Education facilitates research pilots between schools (pilot-site partners) and education startups (Fellows in the K12 Fellowship Program) to engage in the co-design process, actively testing solutions in collaboration with innovators, who collaboratively work toward creating new solutions that accelerate student outcomes.
The Executive Assistant will provide direct support to the CEO as well as perform a variety of administrative tasks.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT (50%)
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks including maintenance of calendars, scheduling and confirmation of meetings, meeting agenda and material preparation, meeting minutes and follow-up correspondence and other support to ensure executive tasks are managed promptly, efficiently and effectively.
- Arranges travel, creates itineraries and adds to Google Calendars to ensure executives and Vice Presidents are prepared and meetings are as productive as possible.
- Triage CEO email, schedule and make travel arrangements.
- Maintains expense receipts and completes expense reports.
- Provides administrative support and overall coordination in preparation for Leadership Team and Staff Meetings and team workshops including coordination of agenda, advance materials, report compilation, research needed and logistical arrangements.
- Supports the CEO in the process to set the annual and quarterly organizational and departmental goals, milestone action steps, and team member scorecards.
- Balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, reports and meet critical deadlines.
- Provides support with other special projects as assigned by the CEO as needed.
GENERAL OFFICE SUPPORT (25%)
- Maintain positive and professional staff and partner relationships; welcome and greet office guests.
- Creates and executes internal processes and procedures to ensure the organization performs as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Serves as a back-up position to staff the operations/communications role and functions, as needed.
- Manage conference room reservations, organize all aspects for meetings and prepare meeting materials.
- Answers and direct phone calls and emails, take messages, and field/answer all routine and non-routine questions to the appropriate team member.
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of incoming mail.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies with Operations and Communications coordinator.
- Work as a member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting organizational and team goals.
- Perform other administrative duties as required to support the mission and function of the organization.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS SUPPORT (25%)
- Performs administrative support and overall coordination in preparation of meetings and events. Duties include but are not limited to agenda preparation, advance materials, report and presentation compilation, logistical arrangements, meeting minutes and follow-up correspondence and other support to ensure executive tasks are managed promptly, efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for the execution of any board governance processes as prescribed by organizational bylaws including forms, nomination or election processes, documentation and other identified processes to ensure board governance compliance.
- Recognize and address conflict and concerns; proactively and creatively problem solve
- Synthesize information and simplify complexity
- Confidence and humility to ask questions, admit and address challenges, and “fail forward”
- Meticulous planner and organizer; thrives on detail oriented work
- Creates, implements and follows systems with the utmost fidelity
- Thrives in a fast-paced setting
- Anticipates scheduling, booking, vendor and materials/supplies needs ahead of time
- Excellent customer services skills; acts as the “first face” of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 1 year of office/administrative experience
- Customer services experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Google suites
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, written, and oral skills
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits; salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should complete the following no later than April 17:
- Complete the LEANLAB online application
- Email the following attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org, and CC email@example.com (Subject: Executive Assistant)
- Cover letter
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.