Job Title: ESOL Resource Teacher- Secondary
Job Title Code: 01573
Salary Grade: Teacher Salary Schedule
Department: Language Services and Cultural Equity
Reports To: Director of Language Services and Cultural Equity
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: July 2020
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The secondary ESOL Resource Teacher supports the Department Language Services and Cultural Equity’s instructional programs through teacher (ESOL and mainstream) mentoring, coaching and professional development, collaborating with other district departments and providing guidance regarding policies, practices and procedures that support ELLs and their families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Facilitates professional development (district, department, building and grade level) regarding English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) best practices and instructional models to promote the academic success of secondary English Language Learners.
- Collaborates with ESOL and mainstream teachers to link ESOL methodology, language development and content instruction and provide support in the form of coaching, observing, modeling, and conferencing.
- Collaborates with district network staff and CIPD to address and support curriculum and instructional practices and policies district-wide.
- Supports materials selection and organizes distribution as necessary.
- Provides input with regards to reclassification, monitoring, scheduling and department procedures.
- Participates in interviewing and placing selected ESOL applicants.
- Supports summer school programming and curriculum development.
- Maintains an on-going relationship at school sites to support the needs of ELLs, their families and ESOL staff.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction or related subject
Valid Missouri Teaching Certi?cation in Subject area
Valid Missouri TESOL endorsement
Five (5) years successfully experience in an ESL classroom environment.
Professional development experience at the site or district level.
Experience as an e?ective teacher coach.
Experience in working in an urban school district.
Experience in developing and revising curriculum.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires that the employee be able to: sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, fingers, and reach with hands and fingers; bend, stoop, and lift objects of at least ten pounds.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Length of work year: 185 days with 20 day contract extension
Benefits: Retirement Programs, Health, Dental and Life Insurance are provided.
|Primary Location||Various Locations-Language Services|
|Salary Range||Teacher Salary Schedule / Per Year|