Job Title: ESOL Instructional Paraprofessional –Spanish, Swahili, Burmese or Kinyarwanda*
Job Title Code: 00192
Salary Grade: Z03 – Z05 (see Paraprofessional salary schedule for further info)
Reports To: Building Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
PURPOSE OF JOB: To work with classroom teachers to effectively plan, coordinate and carry out classroom instruction for English Language Learners. Work with children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist teacher with organizational needs in the classroom
- Assist students with lessons and assignments as directed by ESOL or classroom teachers.
- Provide small group instruction as determined by the teacher or instructional coach.
- Assist in developing various teaching
- Help to maintain a positive classroom
- Work as a member of the learning team in cooperation with the building
- Assist with student supervision in halls, stairwells, and during
- Attend orientation and in-service training
- Use native language skills to support students in the classroom and parents in home- school
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Sixty (60) college hours (Instructional Paraprofessional qualification) or international educational equivalent
- Possess skills in working with children and their parents
- Desire to work with English language learners
- Fluent in English and another language (preferably Spanish, Swahili, Burmese or Kinyarwanda)- reading, writing, listening and speaking
Three (3) years successful experience working with children and parents
Course work in education
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires that the employee be able to: sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, &, reach with hands and bend, stoop, lift objects of at least ten pounds; visual ability requires mono and color vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Length of work year: 10 months
Benefts: Health and Dental Insurance are available.
KCPS Defined Benefit Pension plan – mandatory 9% contribution is required from employee and matched by KCPS; Voluntary retirement savings plans are also available.
This job description applies to Instructional Paraprofessional-English Language Learners duties, from any funding source. Budget Holder will designate the specific second language requirement for each job posting (i.e. indicate the language on the posting requisition).
Shift Type Full-Time Range $12.75 to $23.10