The Chief Academic Officer (CAO) provides vision and leadership for all workforce education programs within a student-centered learning environment.
Working within delegated authority from the Education Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EEIR), the CAO provides strategic vision and leadership in the planning, development, administration, implementation, and evaluation of the workforce education programs and services consistent with the college’s mission. The position serves as a member of the EEIR’s Senior Leadership Team providing guidance and direction on college-wide issues.
Some responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leverage business, industry, and education entities and initiatives across the region to identify priority sectors, necessary credentials, and critical partnerships to assist in the development of new programs and evaluation of existing programs.
- Create pilot programming, including oversight of staffing relate to this area that will demonstrate the potential for growth and sustainability of the program beyond the first 3-5 years along with scaling additional programs and related credentials.
- Oversee the management and operation of the college workforce education programs, including overall budget authority, personnel, and expected instructional outcomes.
- Develop measurable targets and benchmark metrics to track effectiveness and assess post-graduate outcomes over time.
Qualifications include (but are not limited to):
- Working knowledge of curriculum and procedures for instructional improvement.
- A network of experts and practitioners who could be tapped to advance the Foundation’s Education work.
- A high level of ethics with a strong sense of integrity and committed to the values of the Foundation and maintenance of confidentiality.
For a complete description of this position, and instructions on how to apply, please read this document [PDF].