LEANLAB Education envisions a world where all children have access to effective and excellent educational solutions and are well-equipped for the future. To realize this vision, the following is necessary:
- The invention of visionary, new solutions for public education.
- Deep and productive partnerships with school communities—students, educators and administrators.
- A process that elevates community voices in the co-creation of new solutions and the measurement of their effectiveness.
LEANLAB Education believes the attainment of educational outcomes for all students will be accelerated when those most impacted by education issues—parents, students, and educators—become active participants in the design and innovation process, working hand-in-hand with entrepreneurs and researchers to identify, influence, and launch breakthrough educational innovations in the form of technologies and services.
Our mission is to launch breakthrough education solutions while building a dynamic, community infrastructure required to support the scale of effective innovations. To realize this mission, LEANLAB Education facilitates research pilots between schools (school partners) and education startups (entrepreneur partners) to engage in the co-design process, actively testing solutions and collaboratively working toward creating new solutions that accelerate student outcomes.
LEANLAB Education is seeking a full-time Operations and Communications Coordinator to provide administrative and operational support to the Programming, Fellowships, and Community Engagement initiatives. This proactive and multi-faceted team-player will play an integral role on the Operations and Communications team, driving toward the goals of streamlining day-to-to day operations, bolstering LEANLAB’s sustainability and elevating LEANLAB’s brand presence.
To create, implement and maintain consistent and meticulous systems and processes, improving the efficiency of LEANLAB programs and their ability to achieve the organization’s mission.
This coordinator-level position coordinates and executes daily administrative duties as assigned and has no direct reports. Coordinators execute program objectives as assigned. In addition to achieving and exceeding role-based outcomes as defined in individual professional development plans and contributing to organization-wide goals, Coordinators are accountable for the following key responsibilities:
Operations and Administration (50%)
- Perform essential administrative tasks, such as booking rooms and scheduling meetings, organizing electronic and physical filing systems, generating reports and presentations, and setting up both virtual and physical spaces for meetings.
- Create and manage a system for office supply inventory and storage.
- Provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations for key employees and partners.
- Import, track, and report out on tasks in project management software, Asana.
- Anticipate the needs of others.
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors.
- Serve as point person for office facility management.
- Maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Develop, implement,review and continuously improve operational policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain operations documents and reports; manage internal Google files.
- Attend bi-weekly team meetings, record meeting notes and disseminate action steps to team members through the project management platform.
Budget Management (15%)
- Track expenses aligned to organization’s chart of accounts.
- Manage an allocated G/A and materials budget, with less than a 3% variance.
- Adhere to LEANLAB processes and procedures for purchase approvals, expense coding and budget management.
- Attend bi-monthly in-person meetings with LEANLAB HR and budget subcontractor team.
- Manage LEANLAB invoices.
- Code receipts.
- Track and review recurring and one-time expenses; seek cost and time saving opportunities to recommend to leadership.
- Manage general company email accounts and route communications to the appropriate parties.
- Assist with data entry and management of internal SAAS platforms and the LEANLAB CRM.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via email, mail and phone.
- Manage voicemail and LEANLAB phone communication.
- Manage LEANLAB “snail mail” mailbox, managing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Oversee the creation and dissemination of the bi-monthly LEANLAB community newsletter.
- Oversee day-to-day maintenance and execution of the LEANLAB Social Media strategy and online LEANLAB presence.
Human Services (10%)
- Provide planning and purchasing support with the organization of retreats, staff training, and other employee culture building activities.
- Arrange and assist with the onboarding of new employees.
- Disseminate internal communications to the LEANLAB staff as directed by the CEO or other team members
- Design and implement systems that promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Understand requirements for each event as overseen by various project manager team leads and support program team to achieve event goals.
- Project manage events; plan events with attention to financial and time constraints.
- Travel to prospective venues and conduct on site inspections Research vendors (venues, catering, etc.),maintain a preferred list and develop positive vendor relationships.
- Obtain all necessary permits or insurance.
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms.
- Support communication efforts to drive event attendance.
- Provide start-to-finish, day-of, on-site support, including set up and tear down of all relevant equipment and be able to quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems in the moment.
- Do final checks on the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards.
- Develop event feedback surveys to evaluate event success and submit close-out reports to program team leads.
- Pick-up/deliver and set up necessary event related supplies and materials (printing, branded collaterals, office supplies).
- Travel occasionally to locations to support events outside of Kansas City.
- Recognize and address conflict and concerns; proactively and creatively problem solve
- Synthesize information and simplify complexity
- Confidence and humility to ask questions, admit and address challenges, and “fail forward”
- Meticulous planner and organizer; thrives on detail oriented work
- Creates, implements and follows systems with the utmost fidelity
- Thrives in a fast-paced setting
- Anticipates scheduling, booking, vendor and materials/supplies needs ahead of time
- Excellent customer services skills; acts as the “first face” of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least three years of office/administrative experience
- Customer services experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Google suites
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, written, and oral skills
This is an exempt position with full benefits; salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should complete the following no later than April 17:
- Complete the LEANLAB online application
- Email the following attachments to email@example.com, and CC firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Coordinator, Operations & Communications)
- Cover letter that states your interest
- A sample of work which illustrates your fitness for the role
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.