Academy for Integrated Arts
The Academy for Integrated Arts (AFIA) is an innovative, arts integrated school. Our school community is reflective, dedicated and caring. The unique vision of AFIA embraces arts instruction integrated into the core curriculum as a meaningful part of what students do every day. Additionally, instruction is from a strong constructivist viewpoint and is delivered with developmentally appropriate practices. We are growing school, thus we must hire new teachers each year. AFIA is a fantastic community in which to work with an emphasis on teacher leadership. AFIA is a true learning community, as everyone in the building, from students to staff engage in reflective, meaningful learning on a daily basis. To learn more go to www.afiakc.org.
Teachers and Assistant Teachers of AFIA will:
- Have a strong urban serving mission
- Value the power of school in changing and improving children’s lives
- Have a strong understanding of and ability to implement constructivism
- Value the presence and the voice of students’ families as partners in the school
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Be a reflective practitioner, committed to continual growth as an assistant teacher
The responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Assist teachers in planning and delivering differentiated instruction for students with an Individualized Education Plan/504 Plan
- Serve as an assistant teacher in a Pre-K/Kinder classroom
- Provide instructional support within the special education and general education classroom as needed in order to meet students’ needs
- Teach small groups of students who need extra academic support
- Engage in powerful, productive partnerships with staff, families and students to ensure that instruction meets the needs of all students
Minimum Qualifications (Must meet ONE of the following)
- 60 College Hours
- Passed the Para Pro Assessment
- Passed the Paraprofessional Assessment
The ideal applicant will have experience working with children in a school setting.
This position could be part-time or full time.
Start Date: August, 2020
Job is open until filled.
To Apply: Submit materials via Bamboo HR.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience