- Valid Missouri Teacher Certificate for the appropriate level.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil’s ability; and to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Teaches communications arts, social studies, mathematics, and science to pupils in a classroom, using the course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Complies with good safety practices.
- Complies with all district rules, regulations, and policies.
- Other duties/responsibilities deemed necessary may be assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The individual who holds this position is regularly required to walk, hear and speak and must have close moderate and distance vision ability. This individual must be able to travel between district facilities. The position requires a moderate amount of travel and physical activity.
CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is consistent with typical office/school environment.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work calendar to be established by the Board Of Education. Benefits according to Board policies.
RETIREMENT: Public School Retirement System (PSRS)
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: Valid Missouri Teaching Certificate
CLEARANCES: Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluations utilizing the Performance Based Teacher Evaluation process.
FULL JOB POSTING: https://northkcmo.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1889