The LEC is built on the following values and guiding principles:
- Fellowship: We strengthen, support, and grow the existing Latinx education community. We meet community partners where they are to build shared experiences, frameworks, and outcomes that advance educational missions. We foster collaboration to build vibrant communities where Latinx teachers feel supported at all stages of their careers.
- Equity and Inclusion: We support schools, districts, and educators in creating inclusive work cultures. We prepare Latinx students to contribute as change agents working toward a more just and equitable society.
- Enhancing the Craft: We provide culturally competent professional and leadership development opportunities to educators evolving their craft.
- Career Advancement: We connect Latinx education professionals with career advancement opportunities and support the recruitment and hiring process.
- Impact: We focus on the results for educators and students. If it doesn’t work for these key stakeholders, we don’t do it. We continually adapt and innovate to ensure LEC’s resilience and relevance.
- Advocacy: We are effective stewards, promoting education as a viable and fulfilling career option for the Latinx community and championing Latinx student success.